Thanks to Egg donation treatment that all those women affected by any kind of problem to the gametes can fulfill their dream to become mothers. There are several cases in which a woman may need eggs from a donor such as:
- Women with ovarian problems: primary or premature ovarian failure.
- Women with ovarian dysfunction and loss of ovarian quality.
- Women with genetic disease that can be transferred to their offspring and cannot be detected by Preimplantation genetic diagnosis technique.
- Women with a repeated failure In Vitro Fertilization with their own eggs.
- Women with severe endometriosis.
- Over 43 women, at this age the pregnancy rate drops considerably.
- Cases of repeated miscarriagies.
- Women who suffer from any kind of disease that may contraindicate ovarian stimulation.
For all these women the solution is receiving eggs from a donor. One of the main concerns of a woman or a couple who goes to the clinic and who is subjected to this kind of treatment is the fact of receiving eggs from another person and that the future child will not have similar features to them or they could have any kind of diseases. Egg donation is completely safe process and donors are subjected to rigorous check-up examinations prior to becoming a donor. The main requirements to be selected as a suitable donor for the recipient woman are:
- Medical and psychological tests: All the Eva Clinics donors are subjected to strict medical examination through interviews, tests, clinical analysis required by law which certifies their fertility, physical and psychological health. Another important requirement is understand and studying the medical history of the patient in order to rule out any congenital, hereditary and genetic disorders. Moreover, egg donors are young women (up to 30 years old).
- Phenotypic similarity: Other aspects such as: race, height, skin’s tone, hair color and texture, eyes color. When the donor carries out the donation she has to fill in a form with all the required information in order to achieve a perfect match with the recipient woman.
- Blood group: this is another important element to take into consideration. Through this method we try to find a match between the mother’s or father’s natural blood test even if it is not an indispensable requirement (if the donor has a different blood group does not interfere with the donation process).