What is the Egg Vitrification treatment and for who is it recommended? Up to what age is it possible to freeze the eggs? Which advantages does this treatment offer? Isabel Santillán is the medical director of Eva Clinics and in this video she will solve all the main doubts about the Egg Vitrification and explain all the advantages about preserving the maternity.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM EGGS FREEZING?
- Cases with a risk of premature ovarian failure:
- For ethical and moral reasons and when the couple doesn’t want to freeze embryos in a cycle of In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
- Other medical reasons such as the removal of an ovary.
- Patients with cancer that will receive radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments which can produce irreversible damages to the eggs. With the egg vitrification technique the woman can freeze her eggs to get pregnant once the disease is overcome and always under the oncologist supervision and consent.
- Every woman who wants to delay her maternity for any personal or professional reason.
- Autoimmune diseases
- Collagen disease
- Family history of premature menopause
- The creation of egg bank.