MOTHERHOOD PRESERVATION: OOCYTES FREEZING
Eva Clinics put at your disposal not only the best experts, but also the most complete and innovative treatments such as MATERNITY PRESERVATION. Reproduction medicine advances make maternity preservation possible through the treatment of egg freezing, recommended for women who want to delay their maternity with guarantees.
WHAT IS EGG FREEZING?
Vitrifying eggs allows you to become a mother with more guarantees at an appropriate future time. Egg freezing is one of the most remarkable reproduction medicine advances of the past few years. This technique consists in an ultra fast freezing of eggs instead of using the traditional freezing method in order not to damage your eggs. In this way you can preserve motherhood with more guarantees until you are ready to become a mother.
The process of egg freezing consists in reducing the oocyte temperature from 22 º C to -196 º C suddenly. Due to its high cooling speed, the formation of ice crystals that damage the egg harming cells structure, is avoided.
In Spain many children were born thanks to this method that offers pregnancy rates similar to those obtained with fresh eggs.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM EGG FREEZING?
- Every woman who wants to delay her maternity for any personal or professional reason.
- Patients with cancer that will receive radiotherapy and chemoterapy treatments which can produce irreversible damages to the eggs. With the egg freezing technique the woman can freeze her eggs to get pregnant once the disease is overcome, always under the oncologist supervision and consent.
- Other medical reasons like the removal of an ovary.
- For when there are ethical and moral reasons and the couple doesn’t want to freeze embryos in a cycle of In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
- Cases with a risk of premature ovarian failure:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Collagen disease
- Family history of premature menopause
- The creation of egg bank.
PHASES OF EGG FREEZING TREATMENT
The process of egg freezing to preserve maternity consists of three phases:
The first step consists of the ovarian stimulation by the administration of hormone medicines, always under the supervision of EVA professionals.
The second step is the removal of different oocytes by a simple operation called follicular puncture. It is a quick and painless operation.
Finally, once eggs are removed, egg freezing is performed in the laboratory. When the process is finished, your eggs can be preserved in liquid nitrogen and are kept for an indefinite period of time.
When you decide to use the eggs, they are thawed to be injected into your uterus through In Vitro Fertilisation with intracytoplasmic microinjection technique (ICSI).